Two students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) have died in a midnight fire at a Lagos hotel.
The victims died of burns days after they were trapped in the hotel room where they were guests.
Roli Odugwu, a 200-Level Mass Communication student and Linda Elegeonye, a 300-level Law student were residents of Fagunwa Hall, before their death.
Information gathered from CAMPUSLIFE revealed that the duo left the campus on Monday to attend an evening event off-campus.
They reportedly lodged in the hotel to pass the night when it dawned on them that they could not return to the campus late in the night.
The late Roli’s friend, who did not want to be named, said she spoke to her mother to inform her of her decision to pass the night in the hotel.
The victims were asleep when the inferno started from a faulty air conditioner.
It was learnt that the victims were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room.
The victims were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital, they sustained first-degree burns.
Last Saturday, Roli died at 4am and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba.
News broke on Sunday, that Linda, wha had been in coma for six days, had also died.